1. LOW AIRFARE PRICES
2019 WAS A RECORD-BREAKING YEAR FOR AIRFARE – AVERAGE ROUND TRIP PRICES DROPPED TO THEIR LOWEST LEVELS IN THE PAST 4 YEARS. THE FLIGHT TRACKING APP, HOPPER (WHICH TRACKS YOUR FLIGHTS AND LETS YOU KNOW WHEN THEY GO UP/DOWN IN PRICE) PREDICTS THAT AIRFARE WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWN IN 2020, WITH JANUARY PRICES PROJECTED TO BE THE LOWEST SINCE 2013, AVERAGING $196 ROUND-TRIP IN THE US. THIS IS DRIVEN BY A FEW KEY FACTORS, INCLUDING COMPETITION IN THE MARKET AND THE ENTRY OF LOW COST CARRIERS.
2. UNDER SOLD DESTINATIONS AND ALTERNATIVE AIRPORTS
DESTINATIONS AND AIRPORTS THAT AREN’T AS TYPICALLY POPULAR WILL BE ON THE RISE AN EFFORT TO COMBAT THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF OVER-TOURISM AND BRING THE JOY OF TRAVEL BACK. A GREAT EXAMPLES OF THIS IS SEEN IN ONTARIO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. IT’S THE FASTEST GROWING AIRPORT IN THE ENTIRE U.S. FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, AND ACTS AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO OTHER MAJOR SOCAL AIRPORTS TO SAVER TRAVELERS STRESS, TIME AND TRAFFIC.
3. SOLO TRAVEL AN CITY BREAKS
A RECENT EXPEDIA SURVEY FOUND THAT OVER 50% OF SOLO TRAVELERS ENJOY GOING ON TRIPS TO EXPLORE NEW CITIES AND MEET NEW PEOPLE. CITY’S LIKE LOS ANGELES ARE A GREAT DESTINATION FOR THE SOLO TRAVELER WITH BEAUTIFUL BEACHES, HIKING TRAILS AND GREAT WEATHER MOST OF THE YEAR. LOS ANGELES ACTUALLY HAS A PRETTY EXCITING DINING SCENE TOO – DINEL.A., WHICH OCCURS TWICE A YEAR, PROVIDES A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR TRAVELERS TO EXPLORE THE CITY’S VIBRANT DINING SCENE IN A BUDGET-FRIENDLY WAY.
4. CULTURE AND HISTORY
THE IDEA OF VISITING SOMEWHERE THAT ENGAGES THE MINDS IS CERTAINLY GROWING, PARTICULARLY IN THE US. DESTINATIONS LIKE NANTUCKET IN THE NE ARE RICH IN CULTURE AND HISTORY AND PROVIDE A TONNE FOR EVERYONE TO EXPERIENCE – FROM THEIR HISTORICAL WHALING MUSEUM TO THE CISCO BREWERY, COBBLED STREETS AND ARTISAN SHOPS. A SHORT DISTANCE FROM MA, IT’S ACCESSIBLE VIA SEASTREAK FERRY OR PUBLIC CHARTER FLIGHT.
TINY TRIPS ARE ALSO SET TO BECOME MORE POPULAR AS FEWER PEOPLE HAVE TIME FOR LONG TRIPS. IT HAS BEEN FOUND THAT MORE AMERICANS ARE USING THEIR VACATION TIME TO DO A “MICRO-CATION.” IT’S THOUGHT THAT THESE ARE MORE BENEFICIAL TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH, YOU CAN BE MORE SPONTANEOUS, AND CAN EVEN AVOID JET LAG. GREAT MICRO-CATION OPTIONS LIKE NYC AND MIAMI WILL BE ON THE RISE COME 2020.
A landmark luxury hotel, near central park, The Lowell rises 17-floors above an iconic residential neighborhood , a stone’s throw from the celebrated fashion houses of Madison Avenue and footsteps from Fifth Avenue and the vast oasis of Central Park .
Established in 1927, this gorgeous boutique hotel in NYC reflects the timeless elegance and soul of the Upper East Side . This time of year, The Lowell epitomizes holiday warmth, with its wood-burning fireplaces, landscaped terraces and sun-filled rooms and suites….and the below events!
- A Very Lowell Holiday: The holidays at The Lowell continue with this exclusive offering for those staying in one of the beautifully appointed suites. Upon arrival, guests are greeted with: a bottle of champagne and holiday treats, a welcome letter from Santa Claus, milk and cookies to place out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, tickets to Wollman Skating Rink, complimentary Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas Day lunch, and more.
- Holiday Afternoon Tea in the Pembroke Room: Beginning November 20 and running through January 12, 2020, experience signature afternoon tea service with a festive twist. Enjoy a holiday themed selection of loose-leaf teas by Dammann Freres, as well as savories and sweets alongside the pairing of holiday scones with specialty preserves.
- A Chef-Curated Christmas Feast: This Christmas Eve and Day, enjoy a delicious feast for lunch, dinner, or both! Guests can choose from the special festive menu at Majorelle, the three-course prix-fixe holiday menu in The Pembroke Room and bar specials in the Club Room and Jacques.
- Treat Yourself to Warmth & Wine: Escape from the cold with this special offering and revel in the romantic experience of the crackling wood while enjoying a perfectly sliced charcuterie plate and bottle of wine. To complement, each guest is presented with an array of essential oils, courtesy of their own Fireplace Butler, in calming scents for an enhanced sensory experience.
Having lived in the city for almost half a decade, this year I decided to check out a few newer holiday events and highlights that were a little different compared the classic tourist tick list. And this is what I found…
Lumino City – A winter fantasy land -this frozen world of blue and white transports people to the very top of the world on a crystal-clear winter night to experience mountains of glistening snow, brilliant trees stretching up into the darkness and spectacular castles towering above the terrain. With everything from lit up skating unicorns to luminous city’s in the clouds and candy lands of light, this is a treat to visit for all ages. Visit https://www.luminocityfestival.com/ for your tickets today!
Nutcracker Rouge – This dazzling, sensuous performance is a not to miss for fans of anything opulent, provocative and as glamorous as performances come. Austin McCormick has reimagined the story of the beloved Nutcracker tale told with an adult flare and universally relatable body of performers. If, like myself you have seen every holiday performance there is, than this show is for you. Unique, inspiring, with outstanding music, dancing and creative concept – this is one show that will only get harder to book as years come! Grab your tickets at http://companyxiv.com/nutcracker-rouge
The Nutcracker Fete – This year you are cordially invited to the Stahlbaum family’s holiday party – travel back in time and step into a room alive with music and festive cheer. Rummage through our gorgeous period costume pieces, grab a cocktail and experience a new interactive version of the classic holiday tale with a hilarious, cocktail-filled twist. This 90-minute-long holiday show is part immersive theatre, part cabaret, and part winter dream and will feature live improv-actors, cocktails and lots of laughs is a treat you can’t deny yourself this holiday season. For tickets visit – https://nutcrackercocktailfete.com/