CLICK BELOW IMAGE TO WATCH FULL VIDEO!
1) Fly smart – download flight tracking apps like Hopper which track your ideal flights and send you a notification of the best time to book them! A great tool whether you are exploring what destinations have affordable flights over the next month, or looking for the best dates to visit family. Also when looking at flights consider the week before instead of the week after a holiday to capitalize on deals, and try and get a flight out on the early side if your worried about any delays cutting into your holiday activities. See www.hopper.com, for more info on the app!
2) Look at travel deal sites – like Travelzoo, especially close to the holiday season publish travel deals from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and hospitality businesses such as restaurants and spas worldwide so you’re likely to find a way to save on holiday travel and activities the other end! In fact, they also launched an amazing holiday gift guide stocked with incredible travel experiences and gifting ideas, so you can purchase a gift card for your loved one or even an activity for them to enjoy on your trip! See www.travelzoo.ca for more info.
3) Consider winter sun – If you’re looking to getaway this year to some sunshine, you don’t have to go far!. Kissimmee in Central Florida, caters to all ages when it comes to entertainment during the holidays; from the theme parks to “ICE!” at Gaylord Palms to Now Snowing Nightly in Downtown Celebration, you get the holiday experience without the cold chills! It’s also a great airlift from Toronto to the Orlando International Airport, which is just 25 minutes away. See – www.wintersunderland.com/canada for more.
4) Want to take the family on vacation? Choose destinations that have something for everyone, like an all-inclusive. The Dreams Playa Mujeres Resort and Spa in Mexico which offers unlimited luxury alongside all inclusive features for the entire family, between golf courses, infinity pools, kids waterparks, 7 restaurants and 13 bars (even a teenage bar!) Take advantage of their Triple Play promotion this winter, by saving up to 50% when you book now through December 21 (to travel anytime between now and April) see DreamsResorts.com/playa-mujeres for more info or DreamsResorts.com/TriplePlay.
5) Capitalize on your drive OR take a train– If you are going to drive consider driving on Christmas Day itself. You do need to make sure you’ve planned ahead and topped off your tank on the 24th, the freeways are all yours! OR consider a train; there’s a lot less stress when you’re not the one driving; watch the wintry scenery go by, wine in hand while catching up with your loved ones en route!